3.02.2009

Ink & Spindle

I found this site when I was checking out a set of photos on Flickr. Being that I have a true appreciation for handmade art - this was a particularly exciting find for me. {Ink & Spindle} is a boutique screen-printing studio run by three Melbourne textile designers – Lara Cameron, Bianca van Meeuwen and Tegan Rose. They share a passion for screen printed textiles and sustainable alternatives to the mass produced textiles that dominate the marketplace. They specialize in high quality textile printing for designers and independent labels. They aim to minimize our impact on the environment, and encourage and educate their customers to do the same. In their shop, they sell textiles, housewares, stationery, sewing kits and much more - featuring a range of unique, handmade wares by these ladies! If you are interested to keep up with what is going on with them behind the scenes and about upcoming events/markets, check out their {blog}. These women are so talented and are doing everything I hope to be doing some day sooner rather than later. Something I found to be awesome is that they use an old kitchen mixer to mix their paints! Check out all their work and what they are selling in their shop - it is quite impressive. I will definitely be placing orders soon!

I just got my first very own sewing machine! I can't wait to get started on all the projects I have been planning for so long! Just wanted to introduce you to my new baby...I'll keep you posted
on my projects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment