11.22.2009

Butternut Squash Soup

To be honest, I don't have an exact recipe to share with you...but here is a delicious butternut squash soup I made for dinner tonight! I started by preparing the veggies to be roasted - butternut squash, potatoes, celery, carrots, shallots, and grated fresh ginger. I then tossed them with some olive oil and roasted them in the oven for about an hour. After the veggies were tender, I transferred them to a pot on the stove and added chicken broth, cumin, garlic, salt, cayenne and black pepper to taste. With a hand-held blender, I puréed the mixture to an almost smooth consistency and served it topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and chopped chives. I think I succeeded in making this ALMOST as good as my mom's version :)

3 comments:

  1. Nar this looks out of this world. It looks delish. You are so creative. I guess that is what you are making for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very good.I bet it taste yummmmmmmmmmy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG yum! I would also kill for a "not exact recipe" of your grandma's hummus: cgomrick@gmail.com.....just sayin =)

    Miss you!
    xoxoxooo
    Cass

    ReplyDelete